I’ve decided that every month, toward the end of said month, I’m going to make a list of random thoughts, facts, opinions, things on my mind, etc., and post it. I find it to be helpful for us A.D.D. folks.
1. Josie isn’t feeling well and I’m starting to wonder what is wrong. I think she is too young to be pregnant, but I’m definitely not a veterinarian, so who knows?
2. I can’t fall asleep during The Walking Dead because I’m afraid I might miss something. So I always change it to Criminal Minds, because I’ve seen all of those and it doesn’t bother me to miss a little bit at a time.
3. I have an incredibly sore throat. Productive cough, wheezing, shortness of breath, itchy ears and runny nose. I have this cough medicine that was prescribed to me the last time I was sick like this, and I took a dose tonight. I swear, I’m pretty sure that syrup is “squirrel piss” flavored. I took it an hour ago, and I can still taste it.
4. Why do my kids wait until we get all the way to the back of a store before they announce that they have to pee?
5. My fishing sunburn is now peeling.
6. Ice cream might help my throat feel better.
7. Jameson has a loose tooth and he won’t let me pull it. It’s driving me crazy.
8. Every night before bed, I mentally look over my closet and try to think of what I’m going to wear the next day. Confession – my decision at night is rarely what I actually end up wearing.
9. I definitely need ice cream.
10. Meghan Trainor is my woman crush. I like her a lot.
11. I’ve been rethinking baby names for my future kids, if Jackie and I ever decide to try for a baby. Emma-Ray Elizabeth if it’s a girl (after three of my sisters and stepdad and Jack), and Jackson Ray if it’s a boy (after my stepdad and Jack). What do you all think?
12. The girls, Jack and I are going bowling on Friday. I am so excited. Jack and I are thinking of joining the summer league together so this will be good practice. Well, either that, or I’ll get really drunk. Either way, it’s going to be a good time!
13. Ice cream.
14. Jack and I have decided to have a fall wedding, and I’ve been pinning my ass off. Orange, dark purple, a caramel/candy apple bar, a hot chocolate bar, pumpkins and I’m definitely wearing a black dress. I cannot WAIT!
15. This sore throat is such a bummer.
16. The kids are going to private school this year. Our parish is rezoning our school districts and this is just necessary.
17. Criminal Minds is on Netflix, so I guess it’s almost time for bed.
18. After I eat ice cream.
I think that’s enough for tonight. That squirrel piss is catching up to me. Tomorrow – tune in to read about some of my quirks/obsessions/strange behaviors. Some of them are pretty ridiculous.
A few pictures of our weekend.
We went to see Rodney Carrington in Shreveport on Friday night. It was awesome! I laughed until I cried.
We spent the night Friday in Shreveport, which was fantastic. It’s not a terribly long drive from our house, but it was a much needed mini-vacation, and I’m glad I could share it with someone I love and enjoy spending time with.
Once we got home on Saturday, we decided we wanted to go fishing. The best places are around his mom’s house (we call her Tut, for future reference). So we loaded up Zeek and Josie and headed out there to rig up our poles and enjoy some quiet by the water.
Bragging alert – I am hell on wheels with a fishing pole in my hand. I caught SO many fish. Brim, gar, catfish, striped bass. It’s just…you know…I’m not exactly a nature lover. I don’t mind being outside, but most wildlife either grosses me out or terrifies me. Please see below…
Up to this past weekend, I had never seen a snake up close. I cannot say that anymore. We saw nine. NINE. Snakes. Two in Tut’s yard, a few on the road, three in the water (one of which followed me around) and one wrapped around this crazy person’s hand, who apparently caught it and decided he was going to keep it (wacko!).
So, I’m probably going to have to do a blog, this week, about things that scare me, and trust me, snakes will most definitely be on the list.
Also, a frog jumped on me while I was outside Tut’s house, alone, smoking, and looking out for snakes. Let me put it this way – I had to pee while I was out there, but the by the time I went back inside, I didn’t have to pee anymore.
We took the kids back to the same fishing grounds and Lexi caught a dozen, or so, more fish. All in all, a huge fishing success! P.S. – I’d have taken pictures of her fish, but my son had my almost dead phone, plugged up in the car, listening to music and making Google Play purchases for which he will be punished. Needless to say, he’s not very “outdoorsy.”
I’m trying not to make any promises, but I’m going to try to blog every day this week. Whhhhaaaa?? Stay tuned and be on the lookout for more from CursedCursive.
Mother’s Day is in a couple of weeks, my birthday is a couple of months after that, and I’m sure Christmas will be here before we really want.
So I’m compiling a list of things I want, in hopes that someone special (Jackie, cough, cough) will save this post and shop accordingly.
Meg’s Holiday Wish List:
I hope that’s enough!